The Galena Adventure begins Friday evening as you check- in to the lodging venue of your choice. Galena has a wide variety of accommodations – motels, inns, resorts, rental properties, and the area’s highly acclaimed bed and breakfast experience. We highly recommend Lamberson Guest House, a unique bed and breakfast situated in the heart of Galena, and where we begin Saturday morning. Enjoy the evening, on your own, experiencing the local shops, restaurants, and special events that make Galena the one of the Midwest’s premier areas to visit.
Saturday morning you will meet with your guides at the Lamberson Guest House for a introductory workshop detailing the your photography tour, including a review of equipment and an overview of what you can expect on the tour. A break for lunch, then on to the first opportunity to make some wonderful photographs of some of the many iconic views of Galena and the Mississippi Valley. The next opportunity will be at a location ideal for capturing the sun setting over the rolling hills or the mighty Mississippi River. Following the setting of the sun, you will be free to enjoy the Galena area on your own.
Sunday morning begins before sunrise at a special location picked to showcase the rise of the sun over the valleys below. A complimentary continental breakfast will be served on location. Discussion time with your guide will follow the sunrise shoot. Spend the rest of the day enjoying your time in Galena.
$199/per person+tax before April 1, 2018
$249 after that date
· Guided photography tour, individually tailored to your experience level
· Professional, knowledgeable photographer guides/instructors - familiar with the Galena area
· Pre-weekend contact with guides regarding appropriate clothing and equipment needed for the weather conditions expected and tips for securing the safety of your equipment
· Sunset photo opportunity (all weather conditions)
· Sunrise photo opportunity (all weather conditions)
· Complimentary Continental Breakfast on Sunday at the location of the Sunrise shoot
· Individualized attention tailored to your level of comfort and experience – including a review of camera equipment and instruction on its use
· Opportunity to discuss the weekend’s photography sessions and possible post-
· Picture processing.
Tour does not include transportation, overnight accommodations, or meals (with the exception of the complimentary continental breakfast on Sunday).
This tour will be limited to 8 persons
Sturdy tripod and tripod head
Wide Angle Lens